Friday 24 February 2012

Close Laptop Without StandBy, Sleep Mode with Laptop Lid Settings

When I first got my laptop, I was quite annoyed with the feature that that laptop went to standby mode when the lid was closed. What I actually wanted was to close laptop without standby. This is be done easily from windows power options which allows us to change laptop lid settings when closed.

Close Laptop Lid without Standby, Hibernate

  1. In Windows Seven : Go to Windows Search and type in "power options". 
  2. Click on Change what closing the lid does (as shown below) 

    3.You can also follow the path as shown below…


   4.Now in the System Settings Page Below. 


  1. Select the Action you want… I use the Do Nothing option… So that it turns of the display when I close the Lid without Stand By or making it go to sleep mode.
  2. Click OK.
  • In Windows XP : The System Settings Page can be found at Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Power Options > Advanced (Tab)
So, now you can close your laptop display lid without worrying about the laptop going into stand by or hibernate mode.

1 comments: